About Angeline Teh
A seasoned banker turned author and coach, Angeline Teh, is the Founder and CEO of Future Proof Minds Consulting with over 20 years of working experience under her belt in the corporate world; of which 18 years in banking and 2 years in IT. With strong credentials in business transformation, revenue growth and known for excellent client relationship management skills, Angeline is currently on a mission to inspire good leadership values, impact lives and helping others find their purpose to achieve a fulfilling life.
A self-starter and a determined go-getter, Angeline, after two and half years of graduating secondary school and working in a finance company (following the advice of her parents), saved her money and self-funded the pursuit of a Bachelor of Business degree from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia, majoring in Marketing with a minor in Finance. After graduation, Angeline slowly worked her way up from bank teller to investment banker culminating in her heading her own department.
Her vast experience in sales, marketing and operations spanned across various industries mainly in the banking industry; from retail banking to investment banking, from selling mutual funds to insurance, marketing IT training programmes to selling timeshare membership. With her core skills in client relationship management, Angeline has helped bridge the communication gap between the bank and its customers enabling her to sell multiple products, grow revenue and lead important projects such as business transformation, risk management and client onboarding. As a result of her leadership, Angeline has successfully transformed team performance in bank branches and departments in HQ from underperforming to top performing in foreign and local banks such as AmBank, UOB, RHB, Citigroup Private Bank, Citibank, Maybank, Maybank Investment Bank just to name a few.
In year 2000, at AmFinance, Angeline transformed her team's role from bank tellers to multi-function sales and service staff and achieved an increase in Unit Trust sales from zero to RM1Mil in one year with only three staffs who had zero sales experience. During her tenure in UOB as a Relationship Manager, Angeline sold more than RM10Mil of Unit Trust sales and achieved Top 5 in Unit Trust sales in the country. In 2004, she was one of the top salesperson for Bonds and Structured Investment products. In 2005, she was again one of the top sales for Structured Investment products where she achieved more than RM6Mil in structured investment sales. After leaving UOB, Angeline was head hunted to join RHB where she led two RHB priority bank branches and exceeded her 3 months target for Unit Trust sales with a total sales of RM8.3Mil. In 2006, her team generated a total of RM20Mil Unit Trust sales (an increase of 140% or 2.4 times) within a year.
The pinnacle of her banking career was swiping the prestigious Triple A Asset award for best in Treasury and Working Capital category on behalf of her department, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, NBFI, in Maybank, for two consecutive years in 2014 and 2015. This is an international award that recognizes the best department among all foreign and local banks in Malaysia and this was the bank’s first NBFI award.
In 2017 at Maybank, besides her sales and business development role, Angeline has spearheaded and managed risk management projects for the bank that has helped the bank save cost in lending by as much as 80%, measured in terms of risk weighted asset.
In 2018, at Standard Chartered Bank, she successfully transformed her team's performance from bottom to top performing team within 6 months.
After working for more than 20 years, Angeline left the banking industry to self-publish her book ‘Wisdom of the Past’ as a means to constantly pushing her limits and stepping out of her comfort zone. She has been featured in The StarTV.com, BFM Radio 89.9, Ipoh Echo and Weekly Echo. In Mar 2021, she was invited to speak at the Women in Leadership conference organized by Comfori Training Provider where the platform was shared with other renowned speakers and influencers in the country. To date, Angeline has written and self-published two books 'Wisdom of the Past' and ‘Secrets to Unlocking Your Unlimited Potential – Creating Your Purposeful, Passionate and Powerful Life (an Introduction to Life Coaching)’ which accumulatively have inspired hundreds of people and touched many lives by helping personal life crisis turnaround and finding life direction. Among others, Angeline has coached cases on coping with loss of loved ones, relationship and marital problems, parent and child problems, finding purpose, focus and clarity. Results being clarity gained, purpose found, focus enhanced, depression avoided, families connected, parent-child relationship rekindled and courage and confidence gained.
Given her strengths and experiences, Angeline hopes to continue dedicating her life mission on inspiring and empowering others to grow and lead a fulfilled life with good leadership values.
About Future Proof Minds Consulting
Future Proof Minds Consulting (FPM) is a learning and development hub for working adults and business leaders in the area of personal development and leadership.
We specialise in providing training, mentorship and coaching programmes to working adults and business leaders for the purpose of inspiring and empowering them to grow out of their comfort zone to achieve their highest potential and a fulfilling life. We help business leaders to improve business performance and revenue by helping them align employee purpose with the companies' purpose so that they are able to help their companies achieve sustainable growth and profits. Studies have shown that companies with purpose grew 3X faster and 42% more than their competitors (source: EY and Deloitte).
Our training and mentoring programme are based on more than 20 years of real-life experiences, thousands of hours of research from various sources as well as leadership wisdom of more than 100 years. In the age of Artificial Intelligence, wise leadership is more crucial than intelligence. It is about putting humanity back in leadership with leadership wisdom. Hence, this is where Future Proof Minds aims to be the leader of this mission with the purpose of transforming the workplace not only into a place for common good but a place where the business thrives.
Our clients are business leaders, CEOs and managers from large institutions, public listed companies as well as SME business owners and professionals.
Our tagline "Be Inspired, Never Expired" aimed at inspiring and empowering working adults and business leaders to continuously develop oneself for future proofing one's career and livelihood.
16 May 2019 - Press interview with The StarTV.com at the official book launch of 'Wisdom of the Past'
17 June 2019 - 'Wisdom of the Past' interview aired on BFM89.9
Featured in Ipoh Echo, a community newspaper in Ipoh. Issue 311 dated 31 August 2019, page 10
Featured in Weekly-Echo on 14 April 2021
Was invited to speak at the Women in Leadership Conference on 24 March 2021 organized by Comfori Training Provider.
In 2014 and 2015, won the Triple Asset Awards for Best Non-Bank Financial Institutions in the country on behalf of the bank for two consecutive years.
- Future Proof Minds Consulting - Founder & CEO, Author, Self-Publisher, Certified Life Coach, Executive Coach, Trainer, Mentor, Speaker
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, Director of Corporate Partnership, Employee Banking
- Maybank Investment Bank Berhad, Director, Non-Bank Financial Institutions Client Coverage, Financial
- Malayan Banking Berhad, Head/VP, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Transaction Banking
- AmInvestment Bank Berhad, Associate Director, Non-Bank Financial Institutions Coverage
- Citibank Berhad, AVP, Non-Bank Financial Institutions Relationship Manager, Corporate & Investment Banking
- Citigroup Private Bank, AVP, Associate Banker
- RHB Bank Berhad, Centre Manager, Infinity Banking
- United Overseas Bank (M) Berhad, Relationship Manager, Privilege Banking
- AG Capital, Manager, Sales & Marketing
- Profitera Corporation Sdn Bhd, Marketing Executive
- Pentasoft Technologies Sdn Bhd, Marketing Executive
- Arab-Malaysian Finance Berhad, Officer-in-Charge.
- Blitz Productions Sdn Bhd, Catwalk Model
- Country Heights Timeshare Berhad, Sales Executive
- Arab-Malaysian Finance Berhad, Bank Teller
- WBECS Breakthrough Coaching (WBECS stands for World Business Executive Coaching Summit), an accredited partner of the International Coaching Federation, ICF
- Keys to Breakthrough Coaching Masterclass by WBECS
- Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology
- Life Coaching Certification by New Skills Academy, a Continuing Professional Development, CPD, certified qualification, UK
- Certified Data Professional for Open Source Software by Open Cert Hub
- Data Visualization Essentials by Open Cert Hub
- Certificate in Financial Planning, CFP (Level 1) from Financial Planning Association of Malaysia
- Certified as a Unit Trust Scheme Consultant at the Federation of Unit Trust Managers Malaysia
- Certified as an Insurance Agent at the Malaysian Insurance Institute
- Bachelor of Business, Marketing major, Finance minor, University of Southern Queensland
- Diploma in Business, HELP University